The very Olympic Games program consists of 26 sports, 30 disciplines and even nearly 300 events. It is a global event with massive interest and cultural significance in our world. As such, I’d prefer to formally submit Online Dating/Dating to the International Olympic Committee for consideration of inclusion as an Olympic sport activity for the 2012 or 2016 games.
Think this is just another boneheaded idea from your friends in the online dating world? Think:
Olympic sports are governed by International Sports Federations (IFs) who are in turn recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the global supervisors of their respective sports. On layman terms, that means the big dog IOC lets small dog IFs manage everything on a local level. Perfectly, such a little dog already exists in the online dating community in the form of reputable online pornocam websites. That is right, there are some professional dating websites that are good enough to be called established “Federations. ” These websites can be the global governing body of online dating! Which had been the first step. Now to convince the IOC that dating foreign girls is a sport.
In terms of Olympic competition, think about it we could sort out the online dating world into men, and women, then escape it down further into specific weight classes, or simply personality types within those weight classes. These men and females would then compete with one another physically (through flirting), intellectually (through questioning) and visually (physical appearance). It is the wonderful blend of a sport. The winning Gold medalist will have to pay years in the gym training to be physically sound, spend a long time in school or the library “learning” to become smart, and powering all the muscles and misogynistic intellect, still be graceful on delivery and presence. The winner of the online dating is perfect athlete, the Opus Olympian.
Not convinced may well work? Maybe your mind will change after reading this:
In October 2004, the very IOC established an Olympic Programme Commission who’s position was to review all existing sports, and other non-recognised Olympic sports. In this review the goal was to apply a systematic and category approach to each sport and evaluate no matter if it met the criteria for inclusion in the Olympic games as a recognised Olympic sport. This Commission came up with basic steps criteria to judge whether a sport should be included or not.
1) History and tradition of the
3) Demand for the sport
5) Athletes’ health
6) Development of the International Federation that governs the sport
7) Rates associated of hosting/playing the sport
The above seven criteria my buddies is what a sport or discipline has to meet in order to be thought of for inclusion at the Olympic Games. Period.
Does Online dating encounter these 7 criteria? Lets find out:
1) History and Norm – Check! Dating is the oldest tradition on the planet which had been around before any of today’s current Olympic sports.
2) Universality – Check! I’m pretty sure dating and the hobby of interpersonal communication and sparing has universal ask. I mean, we do it every day!
3) Popularity of the sport instant Check! I’d say Dating was pretty popular. Might not you? Everybody does it. Even animals. I don’t find penguins playing Soccer or Baseball, but I do discover them date.
4) Image – Check! Dating centered on attraction and reflecting a positive and beautiful self appearance. Those who partake in the sport of dating exude the highest conventional of image compared to any sport image or sport basketball player! Who likes to date an unbathed, rude, and smudged human being? Puhleeze.
5) Athletes Health – Check! Seeing athletes date, and date often. As such, they take on their own personal health very seriously. Education about Sexually Transmitted Disease start at a young age, and practicing safe sex to help keep good sexual health is part of the every day routine those of you that date.
6) Development for International Federation that regulaters the sport: Check! The International Federation for Online Dating, a respected dating website, would very much benefit from online dating being contained in the6112 Olympic games.
7) Low cost of holding the sport: Check! What amount of does it cost to look at the person next to you and start a good conversation?
In conclusion, Online Dating meets all the criteria for supplement as an Olympic sport, in many ways better than existing Olympic sporting. Consider Curling – Who is that helping? How about Secure fencing? Serious people… how on earth is swatting somebody that has a piece of wire going to benefit people or project the best self image? Give me a break.